The Multi-System Operators that had recently stopped broadcasting all Indian news channels in Nepal, have now decided to undo the blanket-ban. Some news channels, however, will continue to face the ban that includes ZEE News, ABP, India TV, Aaj Tak.
The Nepali cable operators came to the decision on Sunday evening. The MSOs on June 9 had decided to stop the broadcast of Indian news channels in Nepal, restricting viewers’ access to any Indian news channels, except for the Indian state owned Doordarshan news.
The move came in the wake of unfounded reports on Nepal carried by some of the Indian news channels, including their defamatory ‘shows’ on the Nepali Prime Minister along with the Chinese envoy.
During a latest parole hearing, John Lennon killer says sorry
The news was rewritten based on the news published by BBC.
Mark David Chapman, an American criminal who murdered John Lennon, outside Lennon’s apartment at the Dakota, in Manhattan, on December 8, 1980, has apologized to the late Beatle’s widow, Yoko Ono, during his 11th hearing for parole; however, the parole has been denied.
Chapman told the parole board at the Wende Correctional Facility in New York :
“I just want to reiterate that I’m sorry for my crime…. I have no excuse. This was for self-glory. I think it’s the worst crime that there could be to do something to someone that’s innocent. He was extremely famous. I didn’t kill him because of his character or the kind of man he was. He was a family man. He was an icon. He was someone that spoke of things that now we can speak of and it’s great.”
I assassinated him, to use your word earlier, because he was very, very, very famous and that’s the only reason and I was very, very, very, very much seeking self-glory, very selfish.
I want to add that and emphasise that greatly. It was an extremely selfish act. I’m sorry for the pain that I caused to her [Ono]. I think about it all of the time.
He went on to say that he deserved the death penalty “When you knowingly plot someone’s murder and know it’s wrong and you do it for yourself, that’s a death penalty right there in my opinion,” said Chapman.
“Some people disagree with me, but everybody gets a second chance now.”
Asked if justice had been served, Chapman said: “I deserve zero, nothing.” “If the law and you choose to leave me in here for the rest of my life, I have no complaint whatsoever.”
The latest hearing documents, obtained by the Press Association, show the board rejected his release on the grounds it “would be incompatible with the welfare of society”.
Chapman was 25 at the time of the crime. Now 65, he is married and his wife lives near the facility where he has been for the last eight years.
What did the parole board say
In its decision, the New York State Department of Corrections and Community Supervision board said it found Chapman’s statement that “infamy brings you glory” disturbing, and recommended his “personal growth and productive use of time”.
The board also noted how Chapman’s “selfish actions stole the chance for future fans to experience the words of inspiration that this artist provided for millions of people”.
“Your violent act caused devastation to not only family and former band members, but the world,” it added.
Chapman is next eligible for parole in two years.
Know The Background: Murder of John Lennon Explained
“Sadak-2” trailer is breaking a record of most disliked youtube video.
Indian Netizens in power demonstration mode as a tribute to SSR
“Sadak-2” trailer is breaking a record of “Most Disliked Video” in YouTube with already 6.3 million dislikes in last 24 hours.
In one word, retaliation.
Well, the fact is it’s the movie directed by Mahesh Bhatt, the old man who has been in news since the suicide of Sushant Singh Rajput for alleged “friendship” with Rhea Chakraborty, Sushan’t gf then, and speculations surrounding it. It could be one of the reasons why the movie is getting so much of hate from SSR’s fans.
But the most important reason could be expression of voice against nepotism in Bollywood. Several comments on the trailer had people saying this was a “Tribute to SSR” and a way to fight the nepotism in the industry as the lead actors are star kids.
The movie starring Sanjay Dutt, Pooja Bhatt, Alia Bhatt, Aditya Roy Kapur, and Jisshu Sengupta, all star kids, who fans believe got the roles and opportunities because of nepotism…could be the strong reason to press the dislike button for the video.
How the fight against nepotism got this intense
Sushant Rajput, a Bollywood actor died from suicide, was an engineering student who grew up in the northern state of Bihar, who managed to force open the doors of Bollywood to craft a brief but successful acting career. Replying to an Instagram post last year, he had asked his fans to watch his films because he needed their help to “survive in Bollywood.” To escalate the debate, Kangana Ranaut, Queen of Bollywood, has accused the powerful Bollywood studio owners, influential filmmakers and movie critics of pushing Rajput over the edge by their alleged lack of support for the actor.
“Movie mafia not only banned him, but I can tell you how his mind was systematically dismantled, bit by bit,” Ranaut said in a widely viewed Instagram video.
Many believe that SSR’s suicide is somehow related to bully and nepotism that exists in Bollywood and since then, people both from the industry and outside the industry are voicing against the nepotism.
Looks like, internet is making it easy for general public to express how they are feeling by negatively responding to any work or post from Bollywood.
Writ filed at Supreme Court demanding ‘Enough is Enough’ campaigners not be detained
The writ has been filed by law students and campaigners of Enough is Enough — Arun Satyal, Sasmit Pokharel and Krishna Pal.
A writ of mandamus has been filed in Supreme Court today demanding an order not to detain the protesters of ‘Enough is Enough’ campaign and passers-by.
First date of hearing for the interim order, which seeks that people protesting peacefully not be detained, is set for tomorrow.
The government has been detaining protestors, ‘Enough is Enough’ campaigners, and passers-by from various places including Baluwatar for the past few weeks. The protesters of the campaign and passers-by are claiming that they are being ill-treated by Nepal Police. The writ application has addressed the issue of ill-treatment as well.